Fall may be knocking on the back door, but there’s still time to enjoy the lazy hazy days of summer.
Nothing says summer like a bottle of wine, some tasty treats, and a picnic basket.
Rose is the perfect summer appetizer wine. It’s incredibly versatile, it pairs beautifully with a wide range of foods and looks lovely in your glass. Lauren Ashton Cellar’s 2015 Rose is made from a 50/50 blend of Grenache and Mouvèdre. It brings the aromas of strawberry and raspberry on the nose. The strawberry and raspberry flavors continue in the glass.
These smoked salmon crostinis are a simple dish that requires no cooking and minimal preparation. They can be assembled right on your beach blanket.
1 log garlic-herb goat cheese or boursin
1 crusty french baguette
1 4 oz package pre-sliced smoked salmon
- Allow the cheese to come to room temperature so that it spreads easily
- Thinly slice the baguette crosswise
- Slice the smoke salmon length wise into thin ribbons
- Spread the goat cheese onto the sliced baguette
- Arrange the salmon on top of the goat cheese like a ribbon